A cockroach invasion is not something to take lightly! These annoying and awful looking pests are hard to get rid of due to their ability to hide out for long periods of time. Here are some quick facts about cockroaches that you may not know:
- What size and shape are they? Generally, cockroaches range from 1/8 inch to over 1 inch long.
- Where do they hang out? Roaches can live in a variety of environments but prefer someplace warm with abundant food and water.
- How do they spend their time? These creatures are nocturnal and like to stay hidden in dark, moist places such as under furniture, behind appliances, and in cupboards. During the night they come out to feed.
- What do they eat? Cockroaches prefer sweets and meat. However, they can consume pretty much anything to stay alive, including paper and hair!
- How do they reproduce? Very rapidly! A female roach lives up to 2 years and produces 1 egg sack a week with each sack containing to 15 eggs.
Roach Infestation and Termination
If you have a roach problem you’ll want to contact us right away! You’ll know if you do if you see brown tiny bodies scurrying about, or white oval sacks in dark corners. If you spot a single cockroach in your house or office you can be sure that there are hundreds, possibly thousands, hiding close by. If you are experiencing a cockroach infestation call us, your Utah Pest Control Company today! We will investigate the seriousness of your pest problem and help you get rid of it.