It’s summertime in Utah, and cockroaches are coming out of hibernation and wreaking havoc in homeowners’ lives. It’s important to prevent these masters of survival from ever calling your house home sweets home.
One cockroach alone can spawn fifteen more every week for up to two years! Here are six ways to keep roaches out of your home:
- Keep your drains covered. Once inside your home, roaches will find a water source and make themselves to home. If your drains are covered, they’ll have no place to camp out.
- Run water through all drains weekly. Your pipes contain P-traps designed to keep bugs out of your home. Water pools in these traps as a barrier. If the traps go dry, they will no longer function properly.
- Don’t bring them home! Before bringing boxes in from outside storage, check to make sure they don’t have stowaway roaches inside. Properly seal doors, windows, and air conditioners to eliminate any entry points.
- Don’t leave pet food out – roaches will love it just as much as your pets do.
- Eliminate potential hiding spots. These include woodpiles, yard trash, and cracks in your exterior walls or foundation.
- Have a professional spray your home periodically. As your Utah pest control experts, we at Beeline recommend using a quarterly maintenance program to make sure your home is covered year-round. Beeline’s quarterly maintenance program also provides free, as-needed in-between visits.