There are so many people who are afraid of spiders. And, even if you are fearless in the face of them, no one wants to get bit by a venomous one and have painful and sometimes deadly complications. Spiders eat insects, so they are beneficial to keep around, but I’m sure we would all feel better if they just stayed outside. Here are some methods to get rid of your spider problem:
Seal off any cracks in basement walls and windows
- This will prevent spiders from having a “hang out” spot and keep more from getting in.
- This targets insects because they are the ones that drag their bodies along the floor. However, if you kill the insects, then the spiders won’t have anything to eat and will look for food elsewhere. Be careful – insecticides are dangerous and are poisonous and can be difficult to deal with.
Vacuum them up
- In the spring, go around your home and use an extendable vacuum to clean out all the nooks and crannies – anywhere that those pesky spiders could be hiding.
Clear out any unnecessary plants or weeds from your yard
- Taking care of plants will give the spiders fewer places to hide and fewer opportunities to make a run for your home. This is a wonderful, natural way to get rid of spiders.
Keep trash away from the house
- Garbage bins are havens for spiders because trash attracts bugs, and they make a tasty meal for hungry spiders.
Hopefully these tips will help you to get rid of the spiders near and in your home. Remember that they can be helpful, even if they are a bit ugly.
For all other pest control in Utah, talk to the experts!
– Kassandra Konecny