Winters are one of the best times of the year to clean up and get your house in order. You must have a list of stuff to do from stacking up firewood to bringing in outdoor plants. However, as you do these, do remember to pest control your home also. During the winter, it is natural for pests to come inside your warm house to seek refuge from the harsh cold outside. So, be careful, take proper measures to see to it that your home does not become a shelter-house for mice, spiders, and ants. Take these precautions now to pest proof your house for the winter.
Tips for pest prevention during the winter:
- Clean your lawn – Always clean your yard to remove any accumulations of grasses, branches or leaves. These piles attract many pests to your lawn and your home. Also, remove any fruits or vegetables that have started rotting away from your garden. Trim any trees or shrubs that grow near your home as pests can use the branches to enter your house. If you stack wood, then put them on pallets which are up off the ground and place them at least 15 feet away from your house’s exterior.
- Remove moisture issues – High humidity and leaky pipes will attract pests to your home. Clean the gutters of your house to make them free from debris like branches and leaves. If the drains are clogged, then it will not allow rainwater to flow away from your house. Instead, it can lead to overflowing inside your home which will cause water damage. So you must repair any leaky faucets inside or outside your home. Also, repair leaky pipes. Remove any wood that has been water damaged also. Dehumidify your basement.
- Check your home’s exterior – Carefully examine the exterior walls of your home. Check for any crevices or cracks around the foundation and seal them if you find them. See if there is any loose siding on the walls. Examine your roof for holes around the soffits, and repair them if required. Put tight-fitting caps in your chimneys, inspect whether the vents are provided with secure covers. Holes through which pipes and wires enter your house should also be checked appropriately and any extra space left should be sealed up.
- Examine your doors and windows – Examine whether your windows and doors have weather stripping correctly intact or not. Use door sweeps under your doors to fill gaps between the door and floor to fill those spaces up.
- Reduce clutters in your home – Remove any piles that may have accumulated around your house. Inspect whether places like basements, closets, and attics are clean and clutter-free. Cluttered sites help insects with unseen dark places of refuge.
You can learn more about how to pest control your house throughout the year by visiting https://beelinepestcontrol.com/. You will find the best services for the most efficient pest control from hundreds of pests from the professionals at Beeline Pest Control.
Rely on The Top Pest Control Company
Pests come in your house throughout the year, but the problem becomes more severe during the winter. Pests will try to get inside your home to seek shelter from the bitter cold outside. Take precautions now to pest proof your house for the Fall. When you want to control pests in your home, give Beeline Pest Control a call today at (801) 544-9200.