Though flies are not directly dangerous, they still can be annoying pests in the summer and fall. They can also spoil food when they land on it and either lay eggs or contaminate it with their legs that are covered with germs.
Need some new ideas about how to get rid of houseflies and keep them away? Here’s a quick list of things you can do:
To get rid of the flies
- Put up fly paper or strips
- Use citronella candles or sprays
- Crush mint or get some eucalyptus oil and put it in bowls around the entrances to your home
- Keep your home well-lighted because flies congregate to darker areas
To keep flies away
- Get rid of garbage quickly
- Cover garbage if at all possible
- Limit soil in indoor potted plants
- Make sure window screens don’t have holes in them
- Keep doors closed as much as possible during fly season
Nothing is worse than having to be bothered by flies when you have get-togethers at your home, but now you can be armed with tools to keep them away from your yard and home.
For extreme fly problems or issues with more dangerous pests, call the Utah pest exterminators!